- A differentiated American curriculum from Nursery to Grade 12.
- A college preparatory education, primarily taught in English, including learning support and foreign language programs.
- Strong, fully accredited academic program awarding three diplomas: the American High School Diploma, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, and the Spanish Bachillerato Certificate.
- Active Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- A welcoming global community of over 48 nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, Spain.
Would you like to participate in some literary conversation with other members of the BFIS community? The BFIS Library is seeking members for a monthly book discussion group.
WHO? It’s open to adult community members (parents and staff). The minimum number is five (including David Cevoli, the librarian), and the maximum number is nine. It’s on a first come, first serve basis.
WHEN and WHERE? It will take place monthly on either Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays from 4:20pm to 5:20pm in the Glass Class. The space will be available from 4:00pm to 4:20pm for chatting & refreshment. The discussions will begin promptly at 4:20pm.
WHICH BOOKS? We will decide the reading list at the first meeting. Each member should bring up to three suggested titles. We will determine the year’s reading list by vote after everyone has presented a summary of their suggested books. This group is aiming for thought-provoking, literary titles. They can be either fiction or non-fiction. They can come from any time period, not only recently-published books.
HOW DO I JOIN? Fill out this form, and be sure to select ALL the days that you are able to meet. David will tally the results and set the schedule by September 23rd. He will inform everyone of the date for the first meeting by email.