- A differentiated American curriculum from Nursery to Grade 12.
- A college preparatory education, primarily taught in English, including learning support and foreign language programs.
- Strong, fully accredited academic program awarding the American High School Diploma, the Spanish Bachillerato Certificate, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
- Active Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- A welcoming global community of over 40 nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, Spain.
Last Thursday, October 16th, Patti Gibbons (www.pagibbons.com) visited BFIS and taught a masterclass to our Grade 6 students. Patti is an artist from New York, but before she became a full-time artist she worked for many years as an Art Teacher. Her body of work is diverse: oil and encaustic painting, mixed media, collage, abstract drawing, and is known for her unique one-of-a -kind greeting cards and objects d’art using antique paper. Patti explained to our students how she became an artist and how she gets inspiration and the different techniques she uses to create her art work: paints, collages, greeting cards, etc. After explaining a little bit about her work and professional live, Patti got all of our Grade 6 students engaged in creating their own piece of art: a narrative collage, which means a collage that tells us a story. They all had fun working in groups and displayed awesome teamwork and creative thinking abilities! Visit our photo gallery : http://www.bfischool.org/gallery/photos/
View full calendar