- A differentiated American curriculum from Nursery to Grade 12.
- A college preparatory education, primarily taught in English, including learning support and foreign language programs.
- Strong, fully accredited academic program awarding three diplomas: the American High School Diploma, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, and the Spanish Bachillerato Certificate.
- Active Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- A welcoming global community of over 48 nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, Spain.
The Orwell Society and Mr. Richard Blair, George Orwell’s son will be at BFIS on May 14th to visit the BFIS Main Building, where his father was treated for a war wound in his throat for several weeks. At that time the BFIS Main Building was a sanatorium (Sanatori Maurin), a place of refuge for wounded soldiers during the Spanish Civil War. More information about BFIS Building here
Mr. Blair will be accompanied by some other members of the Orwell society as well as by Mr. Quentin Kopp, son of Orwell´s commander during the Spanish Civil War.
As they did in 2013 they will be touring our facilities and then they will give a small talk about George Orwell, his experiences in the Spanish Civil, and their memories of the famous writer, their favorite literary work, and how the war changed Orwell’s political perspective and influenced his literary work. There will also be a round of questions and answers
If you are interested in attending their presentation, please register here