- A differentiated American curriculum from Nursery to Grade 12.
- A college preparatory education, primarily taught in English, including learning support and foreign language programs.
- Strong, fully accredited academic program awarding three diplomas: the American High School Diploma, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, and the Spanish Bachillerato Certificate.
- Active Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- A welcoming global community of over 48 nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, Spain.
BFIS is once again delighted to announce another year of excellent IBDP results. Our third cohort of 43 students was a third larger than last year, yet our pass rate improved, going up to 98%, well above the global and Spanish rates of 80%. Our average score also increased to 34, approximately four points above the world and Spanish averages, and an incredible 89% of our students scored above the world average.
We were very pleased to maintain our highest score of 43 and to have three of our students scoring 40 points or more, an achievement that places them among the top students worldwide. The significant achievements of our students in such a challenging academic program are a credit to their hard work and to the efforts of our faculty and families in supporting them over the two-year course. The students leave us with impressive results that have gained them entry into a range of competitive colleges and universities worldwide, and we wish them every success as we continue to build on our achievements in the IBDP at BFIS.