- A differentiated American curriculum from Nursery to Grade 12.
- A college preparatory education, primarily taught in English, including learning support and foreign language programs.
- Strong, fully accredited academic program awarding three diplomas: the American High School Diploma, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, and the Spanish Bachillerato Certificate.
- Active Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- A welcoming global community of over 48 nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, Spain.
Congratulations, Class of 2016!
On July 6 2016, more than 149,454 International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program (DP) students around the world received their results from the May 2016 examination session. In Spain, 2,611 students sat the IB exam, achieving a national pass rate of 86 percent and an average of 31 points.
BFIS is once again delighted to announce another year of excellent IBDP results. With 40 diploma candidates our pass rate improved, going up to a perfect 100%, well above the global and Spanish rates of 80 % and 86% respectively. It is also worth mentioning that 22 BFIS candidates (55%) were awarded the bilingual diploma. Our average score also reached 33 points, approximately 3 points above the global average. We were very pleased to maintain our highest score of 43 and to have 7% of our students scoring 40 points or more, an achievement that places them among the top students worldwide.
Nine BFIS students also took the Fase Específica of Selectividad, Spanish university entrance tests, to improve their IB scores, with the possibility of earning up to four additional points. 25 BFIS students requested the Spanish credential and their average score (with or without taking the Fase Específica) is 8.6. The Spanish national average score is not available yet but last year was 6.69. The average score for the 9 BFIS candidates who also took the Fase Específica is 10.16.
The significant achievements of our students in such a challenging academic program are a credit to their hard work and to the efforts of our faculty and families in supporting them over the two-year course. The students leave us with impressive results that have gained them entry into a range of competitive colleges and universities worldwide, and we wish them every success as we continue to build on our achievements in the IBDP at BFIS.