- A differentiated American curriculum from Nursery to Grade 12.
- A college preparatory education, primarily taught in English, including learning support and foreign language programs.
- Strong, fully accredited academic program awarding the American High School Diploma, the Spanish Bachillerato Certificate, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
- Active Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- A welcoming global community of over 40 nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, Spain.
Common myths surrounding language teaching and learning are interactively reviewed as an introduction to this session. The six key principles for effective ELL instruction – published by Stanford University in January 2013 – are presented. Finally, parents are informed as to what they can do to support their children and help the school implement the six key principles.
Dr. Rojas conducts professional training on effective programs and strategies for English learners from pre-school through grade 12 for ESL and classroom teachers alike. As an ASCD (Association for Supervision in Curriculum Development) faculty member, she has worked in over 200 international schools throughout the world as well as with school districts in the US and Canada. Dr. Rojas is the author of Strategies for Success with English Language Learners, An Action Toolkit for Classroom and ESL Teachers published by ASCD (2007) and of Educating English Language Learners: Connecting Language, Literacy, and Culture(2010), ASCD DVD Series.
View full calendar