- A differentiated American curriculum from Nursery to Grade 12.
- A college preparatory education, primarily taught in English, including learning support and foreign language programs.
- Strong, fully accredited academic program awarding three diplomas: the American High School Diploma, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma, and the Spanish Bachillerato Certificate.
- Active Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
- A welcoming global community of over 48 nationalities in the heart of Barcelona, Spain.
A charming, little town in Catalonia, Colonia Guell was a former industrial colony that the IB Spanish B classes visited on November 3, 2015. Named after its founder Eusebio Guell, Colonia Guell was a wonderful town with a rich history that the IB Spanish B students got to the opportuntity to explore. The IB Spanish B sudents participated in a Digital photography workshop within Colonia Guell, where they learnt different photography techniques and methods that professionals use. And then they went to put these skills into practice by visiting Antoni Gaudi’s Crypt, who was tasked in designing a church for the colony. (It is actually now a UNESCO-protected Heritage Site). Afterewards, the students took a tour around all the Colonia Guell. Amidst all of the old buildings and landmarks, the students of IB Spanish B were able to truly experience the historic feel and atmosphere of Colonia Guell.
“We learned about the architecture and design of buildings of the Modernist Era and photography techniques that appeal most to the human eye and why.The unfinished Church of Colonia Guell by Antoni Gaudi was a perfect example of fine architecture combined with a creative use of shapes and colors, notably in the Church’s windows that lighted the interior and served as great decor.The content of this trip implies to the Spanish B course that we are taking in the IB because it revolves around the core themes of the program, and the current topic about how technology has influenced the artistic expression among the youth today.We thoroughly enjoyed the trip. The experience of having visited a place like Colonia Guell gave us far more knowledge, and a real life approach on the topic; something that a typical classroom setting would not have been able to d” Jacques, IB Student