Please see the campus map for location details.
Please see the Traffic Pattern around the school area
While the administrative team recognizes that the open and welcoming nature of our campus is one of the hallmarks of BFIS, we know you will agree that our first responsibility is to ensure the safety and well-being of our students at all times. Consequently, we will continue to implement measures with regard to Morning Drop-Off and Afternoon Pick-Up as outlined below.
EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER (ECC)
- Morning Drop Off:
- Nursery and Pre-K students may be dropped off through the side gate of the ECC (C/ Santissima Trinitat del Mont) from 7:45 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
- Main gate, located on Martorell i Peña, will open from 8:30 am to 8:45 am.
- Families arriving after that time will need to enter through the secondary entrance on Santissima Trinitat del Mont.
- After-School Pick Up: The ECC main gate will be open from 3:45 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for EC student pick up. Any EC students that are not picked up by 4:00 p.m. will be taken to the supervised After-School Care area in the Elementary Campus. If the child is picked up after 4:15 pm a daily rate of 7€/day will be charged.
- After-School Care: In order to accommodate EC/ES parents who are not able to pick up their children at the end of the school day, we are offering a supervised After-School Care Service for a nominal fee of 7€ per day. The After-School Care service finishes at 5:15 p.m. Parents arriving later than 5:15 pm should pick up their children at the security booth in the ES Campus.
Important Note: This service is just a supervised after-school care and there will be no group activities organized. For activities, please see our After-School offerings.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (ES)
We are reviewing all the procedures for ES students arrival and dismissal. We hope to have an updated document as soon as possible. Meanwhile, please note some significant changes in the Elementary school:
- Morning Drop Off
- Elementary students are welcome to arrive on campus as early as 7:45 am in the ES Court where they will be supervised by members of the BFIS staff.
- At 8:30 am, the first bell will ring and homeroom teachers will escort students to their classrooms.
- At 8:35 am, the second bell will ring, indicating the start of the school day.
- Students arriving after 8:35 will be escorted by a staff member to their class.
- Dismissal Procedures for Kindergarten -5thGrade:
- Students will be dismissed from the ES Court at 4:00 pm to a Parent/Guardian.
- EC/ES Playgroup: In order to accommodate ES parents who are not able to pick up their children at the end of the school day, we will offer a supervised Playgroup as part of the after-school program for a nominal fee of 7€ per day. Students may participate in the Playgroup on a daily, drop-in basis or may register at a reduced rate for an entire semester. Details will be available soon. The Playgroup finishes at 5:15 p.m.
- Important Note: Any unaccompanied ES student still on campus after 4:15 p.m. will automatically be placed in the After-School Care group at the normal daily rate of 7€ regardless of the time he/she is picked up. The Playgroup finishes at 5:15 p.m.
MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL (MS/HS )
- Campus Access: The MS/HS Campus opens at 7:45 a.m. From 9:15 to 3:15 p.m. anyone entering campus will need to check in with the guard at the security booth.
- Morning Arrival: Before 8:30 a.m. MS/HS students may only be in the Library or grassy area/patio behind the MS/HS Building.
- Student Dismissal: The MS/HS Campus will be open to parents in the afternoon at 3:15 p.m. Student dismissal starts at 4:00 pm.
- After 4:15 p.m.: MS/HS students still on campus after 4:15 p.m. who are not participating in a school-sponsored activity, taking part in the after-school program, or meeting with a faculty member or tutor should be in study hall.
- Departure: All students are expected to leave campus as soon as their after-school activity or program ends. Students who have not been picked up by 5:15 p.m. will wait for their parents at the security booth.
TO ALL BFIS PARENTS AND STUDENTS
- Dogs on Campus: Due to health and safety considerations, dogs are not allowed on campus and should not be left unattended outside the gate.
- Supporting Our Efforts: The school administration is fully aware that shifting a school culture is always a delicate and sometimes difficult process, and we have tried to find a solution that continues to welcome our families on campus while allowing us to care for our students in a more effective and manageable way during the time before and after normal school hours. Thank you in advance for your understanding and support in helping us implement these safety measures.