Every summer, at the end of the school year, the facilities team rolls up its sleeves and tackles the serious business of improving and repairing the spaces and equipment used daily during the school year. Summer projects are typically those that would cause disruption for students and teachers. Taking advantage of every available moment of the summer break is thus vital to maintaining and upgrading our campus. We have just 10 weeks (50 days) to work hard, quick and efficiently so that everything is ready again for the start of a new school year.
This summer of 2015 the school has initiated one of the largest projects in its history regarding facilities. The construction of a new building purposely built to meet Elementary instructional needs is certainly a major milestone. Our tireless Facilities Committee, Board members, lawyers and notaries have worked around the clock to make this all come together. This building has been a dream for so many for years and it is a major step towards solidifying BFIS’s long-term roots. We are adding 46% more campus square meters without increasing enrollment.
You can find more information and updates on the ES new building construction in the Supporting section of our webpage, or in the sidebar menu on the right hand side of this page.
Other Summer Projects 2015
In September 2015 our community will also notice the following repairs and improvements:
- In the Early Childhood Center, the PreK bathrooms have been renovated in order to improve not only their functionality and aesthetics but also as a way to even out the classroom space between the two rooms.
- We have installed a new gate on the MS/HS campus and will implement an ID card system in order to better monitor and control access to the campus and increase safety and security.
- The tech team has worked tirelessly this summer to improve technology campus wide. We have upgraded our network, installed a new wifi system in the MS/HS Building, and upgraded the machines in the computer lab.
- Painting crews have been hard at work all summer on both sides of the street, freshening up classrooms, hallways, and offices in anticipation of the start of the year.
- Other facilities improvements were:
- New curtains in Early Childhood (July)
- Installation of new cabinets in Early Childhood (July)
- Purchase of new chairs and refurbishing of existing desks in MHS (July)
- Soundproofing of the MS/HS math modules (August)
- Modernization, replacement and improvement of IT and equipment for both students and staff.