A fun way to learn, develop talents, and build confidence and self-esteem. Students participating in after-school activities not only develop a different set of skills such as time management, team work, and dealing with new environments, but they also have the opportunity ot explores various interests they may have, getting involved in something in which they may really excel and enjoy. BFIS is focused on keep growing our offer of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) activities. STEM education is important to BFIS students since U.S. statistics show that it fosters critical thinking, increases science literacy, and enables the next generation of innovators.
Activities are filled on a first come, first served basis based on the timestamps of each registration received during the formal registration period which is announced each semester on the website and in the Weekly. All activities have minimum and maximum numbers of participants. BFIS reserves the right to close registration once we reach maximum numbers. BFIS reserves the right to cancel any activity due to low numbers of registrations.
Important 2019-2020 Dates:
- After-school Activities Fair - Tuesday, September 3rd from 4:00-5:00 pm, BFIS Auditorium
- Registration Period - Tuesday, September 3rd starting at 6:00 pm to Monday, September 9 until 10:00 pm
- Trial Week for First Semester: September 16 to September 19
- Last day to cancel or change registrations: September 20
- First Semester: September 16 to January 24
- Individual instrument lessons through the Concertante Music Program start October 1st
- Registration for Second Semester: January 13 to 17
- Trial Week for Second Semester: January 27 to January 30
- Second Semester: January 27 to June 5
- Team Sports run from September 9th to May 29th
AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES BY DIVISION 2019-2020
ALL AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES SCHEDULE 2019-2020
AFTER.SCHOOL ACTIVITIES POLICIES