BFIS offers students different option depending on their grade level. Please take a look at all the different summer programs offered for summer 2021
Summer SchooL at bfis
- Please contact Bea Zimmermann at email@example.com
- Dates: June 21-July 9 (June 24th is a holiday and there is no summer school)
- Morning Program: 8:45-1:15 pm in the ES Building
- Optional Afternoon Robotics Program:1:30-3:30 pm in the MS Tech Lab
Snacks and Lunch:
- All students should bring morning snacks from home.
- Students attending the afternoon should bring their own lunch and will have time to eat before afternoon activities start.
- There will not be cafeteria service.
- Morning Program run by current BFIS teachers
- Optional Afternoon Program run by teachers from our Robotix partner
- Summer School is open to BFIS students in Grades Nursery through Grade 5
- Depending on final registration numbers, we may put two classes together. For example, Nursery and PreK together, Kinder and 1st together, 2nd and 3rd together, and 4th and 5th together. If we have large numbers of interested families, we will divide these joint classes into separate groups.
- At the moment we have low interest for students in Grades 3rd, 4th and 5th.
- Interactive Reading and Storytelling which will include work on literacy and vocabulary
- Art and outdoor Sports will also take place for each group during the week
- Themes for each week. Week 1 - Science & Innovation, Week 2 - World Cultures & Fairy Tales (non-Western), Week 3 - Environment, Ecosystems and Wildlife
- Afternoon Robotics Program will focus on programming skills using legos and lego robots
- To register your child, please contact Bea Zimmermann at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please be advised that to confirm your registration you must make full payment for the programs you have selected.
- There is a no refund policy except in two cases: 1) Your child gets Covid right before starting their week at summer school and cannot attend, and 2) If we cannot open a particular age group because of too few students, you will receive a full refund.
If you have any questions, please email Bea Zimmermann, Extracurricular Activities Coordinator, at email@example.com
BFIS Science & Adventure Summer Overnight Camp
Only open to bfis students
Ages: 8 to 12
Dates: June 28 to July 3rd, 2021 (5 nights, 6 days)
The new location: Albergue Can Ribals (La Cerdanya)
Price: 660€ (expenses include full-time BFIS chaperone, room and board, science equipment, and all sports activities)
Chaperone: Bea Zimmermann, Extracurricular Programs Coordinator
If you have any questions or if you would like to register your child(ren), please email Bea Zimmermann, Extracurricular Activities Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.