The BFIS Counseling Department believes:
- all students contribute to the community.
- students often possess the solutions to their own problems and that when they are given guidance and a chance to reflect and talk in a safe environment, they will be able to articulate their feelings and develop strategies for success.
- challenges and failure should not be feared, but embraced and used as tools for further learning.
- self-esteem and academic performance are intricately linked
- good schools educate not only the mind, but the character of each student.
- counselors play a key role in helping students reflect upon and develop compassion, courtesy, curiosity, and openness to diversity en route to becoming responsible global citizens.