- Six days cycle: Days are numbered from 1 to 6. If there is a holiday, the next day of school will be the consecutive day of the last school day. For example, Monday is Day 1 and there is no school on Tuesday, then Wednesday is Day 2, and Thursday is Day 3 and so on. In this way holidays will not affect the number of hours a subject it is taught.
- Math: 60 minutes of Math per day
- Morning Meeting (MM) / Character education: every day
- WIN: What I need time. Intense intervention on whatever the students need. Home room teachers, EAL teachers and Learning Support teachers will be in the classroom working with students in small groups on those areas they need most.
- Spanish: Students will have Spanish or Spanish as an Additional Language.
- Patio time: Patio time is before lunch. In this way students don't have to stress and hurry up to finish their lunches to go to play. There are many studies on the positive effects of having patio before lunch time. Here below you will have the links to access some of them:
- On Wednesdays classes will end up at 3:00 pm. After-school activities will start at 3:15 pm on Wednesdays. The week is already long for our students and finishing this day one hour earlier will give them more time to enjoy their hobbies, do homework or simply rest at home. Students get around 6 hours of instructional time per day which is above the Spanish average and the European average. Teachers will use that time for collaborative planning.
- Flex Time: to be determined.
- Library Schedule: There is a lot of new research that shows how a flexible librarian schedule is best practice for 21st Century learners. The American Association of School Libraries outlines the librarian of the future. Students really want "anytime access" so this will be built into the schedule with an open library policy for all lunchtimes too. This schedule also means that our librarians will be able to collaborate more with teachers and actually co teach with them in their classrooms as they support their instruction with information literacy skills, an essential skill for future learners.
EXAMPLE: GRADE 2 SCHEDULE
HR: Home Room
MM: Morning Meeting
WIN: What I need time