If you are interested in hearing more about the Eco Schools initiative and becoming a volunteer to help carry out our action plans, please register here.
- Monday the 23rd: Keep a minute of silence for the Earth.
- Tuesday the 24th: Wear a green shirt at school and, if they wish so, each family can donate 1€ to Just One Tree, a non-profit organization that plants trees in Madagascar, Kenya, Haiti and Mozambique.
- Wednesday the 25th: screening a climate-related film. We suggest, for 1stto 4thGrade, the short films (about 3 minutes each) Lemonand Care for Water(both available by clicking at the links), and for 5thGrade on, the documentary Before the Flood, available through Teachers For Future Spainby clicking on the link.
- Thursday the 26th: make signs and posters for Climate Week
- Friday the 27th: have a break-time demonstration at school with the sings and posters made.
- Change your energy supplier to a clean, renewable energy company
- Change the way you travel. Consider walking, cycling and train travel over driving and flying.
- Say no to single use plastic, including plastic bags, wrapper, straws, eating utensils, etc
- Teach your children to love nature! We need to reconnect, regenerate, re-wild, replace, regrow and re-fall-in love with our beautiful planet.
- Eat a plant based diet, at least some of the time.
- Encourage others by setting an example and spread the word. Talk about climate crisis. Educate yourself and share information.
- Join Families For Future in Barcelona or any other group that is actively working to safeguard the future for future generations.
- Participate in the Climate March on Sept. 27th at 6PM in Barcelona in Jardinets de Gracia (in Pas
seig de Gracia). The march will finish in Plaza Catalunya.
Becoming an Eco-School
The Eco-Schools program is an ideal way for schools to embark on a meaningful path towards improving the environment in both the school and the local community while at the same time having a life-long positive impact on the lives of young people, their families, school staff and local authorities. For more information on Eco School’s you can visit their website at http://www.ecoschools.global/